Phone Features
- Customizable ring settings
While my phone allows me limited customization in given settings: "Normal", "Silent", "Driving", "Outdoor" and "Airplane", I'd really like to be able to program my own settings, i.e. "Office" where a single chirp could alert me to calls and texts, so if I leave the office for a bit my phone doesn't ring and ring, tormenting my office-mates. It's also irritating not to be able to set the phone to vibrate exclusively except in Silent mode, because I like Silent mode to be actually silent.
- Predictive text
I've got some limited predictive text now, but some phones, or so I'm told, will actually predict what word you type based on the first few letters. That would be awesome, as would any kind of word learning. Then I wouldn't need to explain to the boyfriend that "I love you Swam" actually means "I love you Ryan."
- Better photos on incoming calls
Have you seen "Chuck" on NBC? You should. It's awesome. Periodically, the show uses shots of incoming calls with giant photos of the people calling. I found out with glee that my phone has a similar feature. Except my photos are half the size of postage stamps and framed with huge white borders. Epic fail.
In case you're interested, my phone's a Samsung T819. It's pretty cute, for all my whining about it.

2 Comments:
Dude, your phone is WEAK. You need to get a smartphone stat. Everybody resists it, but no one who has ever broken down and gotten one regrets it. That's all.
It's true. Only a year now until my contract expires! Imagine how great the phones will be then.... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home