Friday, September 25, 2009

Live from Tacoma, WA!

This evening is brought to you by the letter L and the number 2. My adorable not-biologically-niece is turning two tomorrow, and I get to celebrate with her. She is up to my hip already -- those are some string bean genes she's got from her daddy! -- and has fully processed the many uses of the word "no." I am, as ever, in love.

My college roommate, K, has begun to mill her own flour, which I think just may out-Pollan the most dedicated of locavores. I think this is a sign I need to visit more often, since my mantra of more sloth! (tm) would definitely have prevented the development. On the other hand, then I would never have learned that flour comes from wheat berries. You know, those things they sell at Whole Foods.

The pizza she and her husband made from their flour was delicious, and I'm very much looking forward to the birthday cake tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger bsb said...

You may not get much work done, but I am loving the up-date!!!

All my love to them...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Sat Sep 26, 10:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger proserpinabrown said...

No work at all, Mumma dear. Roger will not be pleased. I may need to bring him baby pictures to quell his wrath. He loves baby pictures.

Sat Sep 26, 09:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home