Things are cooking!
Lately, I've been cooking for my "imaginary boyfriend," the moniker coined by my many friends who have never met him. He is unable to restrain himself from seasoning/condiment-ing everything I make before even tasting it, but I am slowly training myself not to mind. I hope that he will train himself to visit Santa Monica once a year or so to compensate me.

Anyhow, I made a sauté of mushrooms and minced shallots, to use on steamed green and wax beans from Trader Joe's.

To this dish, I added steaks, marinated in fresh ginger, minced shallots and Worchestershire sauce. The boy likes his flavor.

I finished off the meal with Sassy Radish's roasted eggplant, which was yummy, although I did perhaps add too much salt.
For dessert, I was lucky enough to find fresh green figs at Trader Joe's.

With these, I got to introduce Ryan to the lovely Italian dessert of figs with honey, mascarpone and toasted walnuts. Not a great photo; my wonderful camera does so much for me, but cannot help me when I won't let it focus before taking the picture.

Anyhow, I made a sauté of mushrooms and minced shallots, to use on steamed green and wax beans from Trader Joe's.

To this dish, I added steaks, marinated in fresh ginger, minced shallots and Worchestershire sauce. The boy likes his flavor.

I finished off the meal with Sassy Radish's roasted eggplant, which was yummy, although I did perhaps add too much salt.
For dessert, I was lucky enough to find fresh green figs at Trader Joe's.

With these, I got to introduce Ryan to the lovely Italian dessert of figs with honey, mascarpone and toasted walnuts. Not a great photo; my wonderful camera does so much for me, but cannot help me when I won't let it focus before taking the picture.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home