Friday, August 14, 2009

Car Troubles


My poor little Honda is in the shop, awaiting a new battery, timing belt, new spark-plugs, tires and a diagnosis of its terrible oil light problem. I don't know how I'm going to pay for this, but I suspect that my American Express card will be involved. Not for nothing have they been kindly increasing my credit limit for all these years. Anyhow, the little Honda's problems are nothing compared to the vulgar expenses of a new car, as my darling Dad reminds me, and I should have it back, running properly, tomorrow afternoon. More Joy Automotive is staffed with wizards, it appears.

I really can't recommend them enough; the mechanics there truly live up to their name. They'll return the car to me clean and shiny, and if last time was any indication, their bill will be reasonable and not a penny more than the estimate. Now if only the estimate wasn't so painfully big....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home