Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Reading

Spending time with a guy who likes both books and movies more than I do (imagine!) has meant I've been very well-entertained since March. So I am within sneezing distance of finishing my ridiculous book lists and have seen nearly every movie that's come out this spring. My recent favorites:
  • Up -- was darling. Everyone should see it. I say that especially after watching the abomination that was Ice Age II last night. Up was a delightful *movie*, let alone animated movie. That was my favorite movie attendance for a while.
  • Swann's Way -- despite *years* of telling people that it was the most boring book I've ever encountered, I found myself just enthralled by its structure and language after getting 150 pages in.
  • It -- just finished that yesterday afternoon and of course spent the evening flinching at every creak in my apartment. Very satisfactory read, if (and I know this is heresy, R and J) not a particularly well-written book.

  • We're headed to The Hungry Cat for my birthday on Thursday, and I promise a report of the yumminess experienced there for any readers who haven't given up on me. Mom?

    1 Comments:

    Blogger bsb said...

    Always checking, dear one.

    Wed Jul 01, 03:31:00 AM PDT  

    Post a Comment

    << Home