Last Week's Dinner Party
...was a great success. I made:
Spinach with Golden Raisins
Squashed Cherry Tomatoes
Flattened Chicken with Cantaloupe and Arugula
Spiced Brownies
The roasted tomatoes were particularly lovely on some toasted rosemary ciabatta. I'm not sure I'd make the chicken with cantaloupe again; the flavors didn't really meld together for me, resulting in chicken -- with cantaloupe. Not really a triumph.
Fun conversation, easy to prepare food -- there's nothing better. So this week I'm doing it again! This time it will actually be vegetarian, since there will be actual vegetarians in attendance. So the plan is:
Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
Pistou, from French Cooking for Beginners
Spiced Glazed Carrots
Potato Gratin
Oh, and mojitos. Lots of mojitos. I think that was everyone's favorite part of last week's party.
The roasted tomatoes were particularly lovely on some toasted rosemary ciabatta. I'm not sure I'd make the chicken with cantaloupe again; the flavors didn't really meld together for me, resulting in chicken -- with cantaloupe. Not really a triumph.
Fun conversation, easy to prepare food -- there's nothing better. So this week I'm doing it again! This time it will actually be vegetarian, since there will be actual vegetarians in attendance. So the plan is:
Oh, and mojitos. Lots of mojitos. I think that was everyone's favorite part of last week's party.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home