Snowy weather
Just can't keep my poor self together.
It is no longer snowing here, but the first day began with a little sprinkling of snow that just kept getting wetter and stickier. The cold I remember, but the wetness is unnerving. It is the damp that gets into your bones. I love being a California girl.
Mum planned a lovely party for New Year's Eve, complete with delicious goodies from Shubies. We kept forgetting that there were people coming over, stopping for lunch at the Atomic Cafe, a new eatery in town, complete with gorgeous exposed brick walls, free WiFi, and utterly adorable college student servers. We were enjoying some lovely coffee there when Mom suddenly had a panic attack: there were *at least* twenty people coming to our house and we had no food there. A few scalding chugs and a run through the snow later, Shubies had fixed us up with lasagne, scallops and bacon, crabcakes, chocolates and champage. I think everyone had a fabulous time.
Happy new year all. I promise there will be pictures in the near future. And of course, my resolution for 2007, besides gaining weight and drinking more, is to post more regularly here. Come read about the magic of the mundane!
It is no longer snowing here, but the first day began with a little sprinkling of snow that just kept getting wetter and stickier. The cold I remember, but the wetness is unnerving. It is the damp that gets into your bones. I love being a California girl.
Mum planned a lovely party for New Year's Eve, complete with delicious goodies from Shubies. We kept forgetting that there were people coming over, stopping for lunch at the Atomic Cafe, a new eatery in town, complete with gorgeous exposed brick walls, free WiFi, and utterly adorable college student servers. We were enjoying some lovely coffee there when Mom suddenly had a panic attack: there were *at least* twenty people coming to our house and we had no food there. A few scalding chugs and a run through the snow later, Shubies had fixed us up with lasagne, scallops and bacon, crabcakes, chocolates and champage. I think everyone had a fabulous time.
Happy new year all. I promise there will be pictures in the near future. And of course, my resolution for 2007, besides gaining weight and drinking more, is to post more regularly here. Come read about the magic of the mundane!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home