Home Sweet Home
The recent rains in Los Angeles have caused my door to swell up in its frame. I get in with the help of a running start, and as long as I remember not to close it (I lock the screen door instead) I can escape without incident. If I don't remember, I can depart with ease through the window since usually the Wall Street Journal delivery person has knocked the screen out with my morning paper. Otherwise, it's lucky that some of my neighbors work from home. Calling my apartment management company has resulted in:
leaving unreturned messages
being hung up on accidentally
having the office assistant tell me "I'm calling David now" while she remained on the line with me. I half expected her to make "bee boop" noises to fake dialing.
However, at long last, I have the man's pager number! Victory may potentially be mine.
However, at long last, I have the man's pager number! Victory may potentially be mine.

2 Comments:
Yeah, I recently had to invoke tenant law and threaten to report my landlord in order to get the flooding in our basement fixed. Sigh.
I will say that David the carpenter, once summoned, was extremely fast and efficient. So that was good.
Post a Comment
<< Home